PIN IT

PORTRAIT OF A GODLY MOTHER, FIRST IN A SERIES

I am a mother.  Among my other titles; which include Christian woman, wife, daughter, nana, sister, friend, artist, individual human being...you get the idea.  But, yes, I am a mother most surely.  I was given two beautiful children to love and raise, and that I did.  It wasn't easy in some of their growing up years as I was a single mother most of their lives...but it was my blessing, then and now. 
 
I love you my children.  I love you fiercely and eternally.  I love you so much it hurts, sometimes it REALLY TRULY PHYSICALLY HURTS!...my heart swells with pride, with fear for you at times, with understanding as you go through tough times.  I love you so much that I have to stop myself sometimes from running to "save" you like I did when you were little...because the wisdom that I have acquired over these many years since you were my little ones has taught me to let you grow and learn and BE your own persons...but STILL I want to jump in to help SO BADLY!  Did you know that is one of my hardest tasks?...to let you be the adult you grew in to...to let you learn like we all must do?  I'm still here, I still have commandments, but I've given you that Godly foundation...I need to get out of God's way and let you two work...
 
 
Did you know that God gave me instructions for raising you, for being your Godly mother?  Did you know that I have commandments from Him regarding YOU?  Yes...I do.  Let me tell you about them...what it feels like, what it looks like.
 
Did you know that I love you more than I love myself? YES I do.  This is the way to love...to love something more than self.  This is biblical principle! “Thou shalt fear the Lord thy God, and serve Him, and shalt swear by His name.  Ye shall not go after other gods…”  Deuteronomy 6:13-14a
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I am commanded to teach you God's word.  “And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.”  Deuteronomy 6:7  I would not have left you to raise yourself.  It is my loving job to teach you God's word.  I am not perfect my children, that only belongs to Jesus, so when I fail it is for me to confess that and ask for forgiveness.
 
I am steadfast and diligent in my work, it is the right example and the way to help you to learn that it is not right to be lazy or idle. “She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.”  Proverbs 31:27.  Did you know that the woman spoken of it Proverbs 31, the one who goes out and buys a field, did you know that she does that for her HOUSEHOLD?  That is her first and main duty...to see to the needs of her family, her house.  It is my blessing to do that!  I understand now that I was your FIRST example of what a good Christian mother and wife should be. 
I love you SO very much my children.  I feel fiercely protective of you.  I would give you everything I had if it was best for you.  Please understand that it is very hard to let you be the adult you have become sometimes...I still have those feelings of fierceness for you.  God gave me those feelings from the time you were a reality in my mind. 
My promise is this:  I will continue to be a Christian mother.  I will continue to follow God's commandments to me.  I will ALWAYS and FOREVER love you with ALL MY HEART...You have me until I go to MY father in heaven, and even then my children, you will have my heart...  Be gentle with me when I need to help you learn more, when I need to give you that good Godly wisdom...know that I am following His words and instructions for me...I love you!  Mom


1 comment: