PIN IT

THE UGLY ABOUT POT

Pot is UGLY...don't you think? Yep, it looks like bits of dirt or pooh; any I'm not talking about Winnie the Pooh who is adorable, don't you think?  Last night Colorado voted to legalize marijuana for recreational use for those 21 years old and older. I can't tell you how embarrassed and sickened I am to be living in a state that would do such a thing. This post actually has been on my list for some time, but how can I not write God's words now. I'm just going to start as I was planning and let what ever comes out of me come from that...I HAVE to write about this subject. Pot is now seen in our world by a HUGE number of people as acceptable for "relaxing" after a hard day. This is what the world thinks. This is what the world boldly announces; without any shame...that scares me to death! HOW did this happen that something as disgusting as pot is now seen as an acceptable form of recreation? I actually know of people who are in their 60's who would smoke pot; who even help their kids get medical marijuana licenses so they can smoke it too. It literally makes me sick to think about this as an activity that some would participate in with their kids! In my lifetime POT has gone from something ugly and dirty that only the "bad kids" did to something that the world continues to try to get legalized so they can do it openly. WOW, and I'm not THAT old am I for our world to have deteriorated in this area that much? maybe I am...hmmm.
 
 
God actually has something to say on the subject of drugs. "Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will NOT inherit the kingdom of God." Galatians 5:19-21  This word sorcery is Greek for
pharmakeia (pharmacy or pharmaceutical in reference to illicit drug use). I cannot improve upon what God just said here. It is pretty clear...and if it isn't, here is another...
 
Titus 2:11-12 "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live SOBERLY, righteously, and Godly, in this present world."
 
Besides the obvious we will not inherit the kingdom thing (which should be big enough right there), another issue with drugs like pot is they impede and sometimes even destroy our ability to think soundly.  Proverbs 23:7 "as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he..." With that in mind ...
 
Proverbs 4:23 "Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life."  The problem with drugs like pot is that it destroys or at the least impedes our ability to think soundly. When we are not of sound mind how can we have that relationship with God!!
I had a friend who, as she told me, was a genius in her early years. She told me she smoked pot in college and it literally destroyed parts of her brain so that she no longer was considered such.  She took away what God made her to be.  Thankfully she stopped and turned her life around.
 
Have you ever been around someone who is stoned? Their eyes are half closed and bloodshot, their speech is slower or faster, THEY REEK!...they start speaking and then stop for awhile only later to start up again, usually by saying "what was I saying?" They sometimes stumble, they go on and on about any topic that comes to their head...they are NOT someone you want to have a meaningful conversation with I can promise you that, because chances are they will not remember anything you said! 
 
I diligently studied the effects of pot for several years (reading, interviewing physicians and psychologists)and learned that smoking pot actually DOES kill brain cells, it impedes good judgement, it damages (sometimes permanently) short term memory. The younger a person who smokes, the more damage...which makes sense as it is destroying what God made from an earlier age.
 
The bible teaches us that our bodies are to be temples (places of residence) for God's Spirit, we need to take care of our bodies.  In doing so it shows respect to the God who made us.  I Corinthians 6:19-20 "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price [Jesus death on the cross]. Therefore honor God with your bodies." Smoking pot does NOT honor God.
 
I am weary of people making excuses about pot. I am tired of hearing it is no big deal (remember that phrase in my post "In the Path of a Lie")  The truth is it IS a big deal. It IS a sin...legalized or not, if you believe what has been said by going in there yourselves and reading what the scriptures say.  I am tired of the "it's just like drinking a glass of wine" (The bible has something to say about drinking too, but that is for another day)...oh my, it is time to be grown up and not make excuses for sinful behavior! sigh...
 
Through it all this has also reminded me that this world is not our home as Christians. I Peter 2:11 "Friends, this world is not your home, so don't make yourselves cozy in it. Don't indulge your ego at the expense of your soul"
 
I'm also happily reminded that God is in control, still...He has a plan, and if we live as He would have us live we get to have our reward in heaven one day!  Stay true, fight the good faith, let God be God.  Proverbs 19:21 "Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand."
 
In case you need some more...read these passages, they will help!  Romans 8:28;  Matthew 19:26; Matthew 6:34;  Ephesians 1:11;  Psalms 22:28;  Joshua 1:9;  I Corinthians 10:13;  Psalms 99:1-9...may it give you peace and assurance that God is in His heaven and ALL IS WELL!!

GOD BLESS!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment