PIN IT

TO THE HEART OF THE MATTER

WHAT DO OUR HEARTS NEED AND WHAT DO THEY WANT? Is there a difference? WOW, it's just after 5:30 a.m. and I've posed a HUGE question...why on earth did I do that? AARRGGHH!  Well, I wanna know...and I hope I can help someone else as I figure it out...ok, at least I can answer myself a little...let's take a look at the heart...our hearts...I can say for myself that I want to be loved, I want to love, I want to be gentle in my attitude and actions towards myself and others, I want to serve God, I want to be healthy (the physical heart), I want to be kind, I want to be treated kindly, I want to be able to express myself honestly and not be afraid of being hurt...OK, there's a list...NOW, is there anything wrong with NEEDING those things as well? WHAT ON EARTH SAUNDRA??...what's with all the theology so early in the morning? I don't know...it's SO early...but, here's what I wanna say...I don't see that it's bad to want OR need those things. I think we DO need them to be able to function properly in this world and to BE as healthy in mind and body as we can be. I can't find any scripture that says otherwise...ok...yay! I think I'm safe in saying that all of you want and need the same things! So, we are in the same boat, k...:) and I think there are lots of us, so it has to be a BIG boat!
SO, the teacher in me always looks for examples in everything I'm studying so I can best understand what it looks like, sounds like, tastes like...well, you get the picture. I did this for EVERY lesson in art I ever taught...well, in EVERY lesson in life I ever want to learn as well...MY example has always been the David in the bible because he messed up so bad but God loved him!...that's what I want, cuz I DO mess up as a human being...yep I do! And, we have consequences for everything we do..some good, and some bad...sigh...they are lessons...if we learn the lesson soon enough our consequences may turn around, if we don't the lessons will keep coming...so, I want to learn my lessons as quickly as I can..Hebrews 12:6 - "because the Lord disciplines those He loves, and He punishes everyone He accepts as a son"
Now wait...before we get too hairy in this one think of your own children...do you not give consequences to them when they do something that is dangerous or wrong? God loves us, and that is the guideline from HIM! and, one final note at this moment before we look at David...REMEMBER to love someone who is suffering a consequence in life...they do NOT need your judgement, they need your love...be gentle, be kind, be loving...they need you most when they are suffering...don't you know that God may not take away a consequence, but He will certainally love you through it...and He will NOT leave you! Deuteronomy 31:6 - "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; He will never leaave you nor forsake you." 

And, NOW we can get back to David!


Oh, wait, that's my BROTHER David...
not the guy I meant...however he IS a very
Godly man!

did you know that this is a symbol
of perfection? tee hee
The David of the bible was called a man after God's own heart. Acts 13:22 - "After removing Saul (as king), He made David their king. God testified concerning him: 'I have found David son of Jesse, a man after My own heart; he will do everything I want Him to do.'"This tells me a few things. 1.  God has a heart (which is AWESOME), and 2.  that David; the big ole sinner that he was; was a man after God's own heart...This verse gives me great comfort. David killed a husband so he could have his wife...he committed adultery...but still he was given such a great honor as being in God's heart! WHY? Well, it's BECAUSE of David's heart! He had faith (read about his actions in I Sam. 17), he loved God's law (Psalm 119: 47-48: - “For I delight in your commands because I love them. I lift up my hands to your commands, which I love, and I meditate on your decrees.”, he was thankful (Psalm 26: 6-7), and he was repentant as is described in Psalm 51: 1-2 where he asks God for forgiviness after what he had done; read II Samuel 11-12 for the story of David and Bathsheba. and 3. A good heart is important for us in life and with God. and, part of the requirement of having a heart after God is that we DO everything He wants us to...(yep, had to slip that one in)...:)

Why am I REALLY writing this? Well, heart stuff is important, and it's nearly Valentines Day which is a good time to remember we need to care for our hearts and the hearts of those we love. I've had my heart broken into pieces on a good number of occasions in my life. I know we ALL HAVE! When it happens it is scary, and it physically hurts as well as emotionally, and it makes us feel alone...and those are horrible things to feel! One of my biggest scary things is to be alone and afraid...and also to know that someone I love is alone and afraid. I HATE THAT! I want to fix it immediately...and sometimes I can't. Life often takes time to work things out...sigh...yep, patience is also required when we are alone and afraid and our hearts are broken. AND, the best thing I can think of to do is to find comfort in a God that LOVES ME and imagine that He is right there holding me! I pray for the peace that passes understanding (a present He gives His children)...it REALLY WORKS if you allow Him to give it to you...Philippians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in EVERY situation, by PRAYER and PETITION, with thanksgiving present your requrests to God. And the PEACE of God, which TRANSCENDS all understanding, will guard your HEARTS and your MINDS in Christ Jesus"

 
 
 The side effect of having broken hearts and living through it is we get a little stronger each time. I think it is because we have gained that bit of wisdom to know that "this too shall pass"...aarrgghh...not happy with it at the time, but I am old enough to see in resrospect that the sun does come up and we do get another chance at another day to learn and grow from our pain. The worst thing you can do is to give in to it and give up...this only leads to more of the same down the road...pain, fear, feelings of despair...the ONLY way out is UP! Get UP, look UP and pray, find ways to stay UP as much as possible...and that means looking for blessings where you can (we ALWAYS have them...just sometimes we have to look harder when we are in pain)...and a big ole cure for what ails you is to be kind to someone else...get out of yourself and do some good for someone else...there is ALWAYS someone out there who has it worse than you...sigh...:)
 
So, let's take this time of year...this ole reminder about love and such...and find a way to be gentle and kind to our own hearts so we can in turn be gentle and kind to someone else...and folks, that ain't just a boyfriend, girlfriend, husband or wife...there are many loves in our lives...friends, brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, children...there is SOMEONE that loves you...someone that cares...and YOU love someone and care for someone...FIND a way to let our HEARTS shine inside and out!  Sorry for the silly platitude, but it really works if you give it a try!! We are all in this together...you are NOT alone!

GOD BLESS!

1 comment:

  1. You'r right on the mark.. All so true and so glad you shared. Love seeing a new Godly Perspective.

    ReplyDelete