PIN IT

THE CONSEQUENCES OF OUR ACTIONS OR LACK THERE OF


DO YOU CHOOSE TO BURY YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND?

We all have choices about our behavior in any given situation.  It is a free country, and God gave us free will. God loved us so much and He created us; wanting us to come to Him and worship Him and bring as many to Him as we can. Obviously we would want to be in God's favor, but how does that apply in how we treat others?  Do we choose to ignore the pain of others?  Do we bury our heads in the sand in order to avoid dealing with difficult situations that come up with our brothers and sisters...our families...our friends?

Have you ever been in a situation with someone where their pain at something in their lives inconvenienced you or made you feel uncomfortable?  I'm sure we've all been there at one time or another...that's normal...but in these situations we have a choice to either be there for that person...a willing ear...a hug...an encouraging word...a card sent to say you are thinking of them... OR...we can choose to ignore it, move away from them, or just say it isn't your "thing" to be supportive in that way; any number of things that clearly gives the message that you can't be bothered with their pain.  I'm not saying we all have the same gift to give another person, but there are many things we can do to let a person know we are there and we care.
Matthew 25: 41-43 "Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me"  This speaks of a personality trait...heavy consequences.


HAVE YOU EVER BEEN GANGED UP ON OR GANGED UP ON SOMEONE...
let's call them the underdog...because most often that is the ganged up on one...
(I'm noting that the cat is nowhere to be seen...hmmm...)

Ok...we all know the stories of our youth...let's focus on our adult selves...We'd like to think that ganging up on someone is only the folly of the young, but we've all seen that behavior as adults...we see it on the news for sure...but let's get a little closer to home...have we ever ganged up on someone? Peer pressure happens at any age; it's just that as adults we are supposed to be adult enough to stand up and not take part.  It can happen in the form of gossip where the offended party isn't even there, or it can be more overt...right there in front of a person.  Galations 5:15 - "If you keep on devouring each other watch out or you will be destroyed by each other" noted in the verse just above we are told what is good "For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself?  We know what is right, but yet we fall to peer pressure or unfair judgment of another. Simple concepts, yet we let our worldly selves and our selfish needs take over.

I am thinking of that preacher and his wife that continued to brow beat me during those two hours in my post of the 11th titled "And History Repeats Itself"...how not only did they gang up on me with the person I was with, but they continued to squawk lies about me throughout a community I was a part of...I'm thinking of those friends of mine who ganged up on me and wrote me the Hello Dolly dear Saundra letter...I'm thinking of an entire community in school who followed me for years and yelled names behind my back...but let's get closer still...what about a spouse that uses strength or makes more money or whatever it may be that gives them the "power" in a relationship calling names, or bullying...what then?  You see...it applies across the board...God has a spirit of His word and His wisdom's apply in all these things.

Or do you know someone who just seems to be out to get you?  Have you ever had this kind of person in your life that you literally feel is just waiting for a chance to well, devour you?  Scary stuff, but in our world this exists.  I Peter 5:8 "Be self controlled and alert, your enemy the devil prowls about like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour" Sheesh, this is devil stuff...this is serious bad mojo when someone tries to devour a person.  WHY?  WOW, I think there must be as many reasons as there are people with evil intent, but we are told to be self controlled...alert...that implies that we must know our enemy and be careful.  There is a woman on the outskirts of my life that has been that person I am alert about...she seems to have no boundaries...she feels it is her right to invade my life in ways that have brought about much destruction. She hides under the guise of kindness with those in my life, but I make no mistake, this woman has evil intent...most certainly brought about by a sense of self that smothers anyone in her way. To me these are the most dangerous of humans.  What I have tried could fill a little book...(I need to make sure I don't exaggerate)...I've tried to be nice...nope, she still does damage...I've tried to talk to her...well, in the form of a letter (I mean you MUST know those teeth behind this photo are HUGE) and she just blew it off saying she was confused...I've tried just letting her alone and living my life and letting her live hers...NOPE...she gossips about me and has cost me people in my life...and on it goes...so, I just pray harder that this person be somehow removed from my life so I can go on...AND, NO I DO NOT MEAN what that sounded like...:)  I'm thinking moving to another city...or finding an invisible cloak (hey, if it was good enough for Harry Potter)...that sort of thing...we shall see...The ONLY thing that gives me peace here is Matthew 10:28 "Do not be afraid of someone who could harm your body, they cannot touch your soul"...whew, thank goodness!! I'm also thinking of her...Matthew 7:1 says in paraphrase...you will be judged by how you judge"...oooohhhh spooky!!


But I have to be honest here...this woman scares me...she can do a lot of damage to my heart and my life...sigh...oops, I'm back to that!






 Yep, this is it...friends!!  True Friends...that is what it is all about if we are to help each other through this world...we NEED each other...this life can get dicey...can be heartbreaking...
Yep...I Peter 2:17 "Honor every person, love your brethren, worship God and Honor kings"
Love each other will ya!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Saundra. I was so happy to see you had made another entry here as i was always inspired by reading your other posts. Sorry though it is an entry evolving from your mistreatment at the hand of others. That is not an easy place to be but you are handling it so well. I loved the photos you put with your entry too! We have all experienced what you speak of here for sure and that is why i suppose i have two very adorable Boxer dogs. I know why Dog is God spelled backwards! When i need a break we three head for the hills and wander, embracing the goodness of God who is so prevalent to me when outdoors. I love to commune with Him in nature and find comfort in Him alone, laughing together at the goofy antics of His adorable creatures. It is what has saved my sanity many times. And of course the art. We have our art and i think we create because we are created. We are created in His image, and He is the Master Artist of this old universe. I love your art work and will have to drop by your other blog now to see what you have created. Hope all is well there with you Saundra. Thanks for sharing your story with us. God bless. ross

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand the dog thing Ross...life is so much better when you have unconditional love isn't it?? :) I like what you said about creating and being created...with your permission I will use that one day!! I realize some of my topics are heavy...so today was one with great and happy results...God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete